- Essays will be scored on the current state learning standards for writing and will be scored on content, organization, language/conventions, and style per the program judging form.
- Deadline for submissions: postmarked no later than March 1 each year.
- Entries must include a completed and signed PTA Men’s Essay Contest application form, typed or handwritten legibly on an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper, and be no more than 650 words.
- One entry per student; multiple entries from one student will be disqualified.
- Open to all Washington State children K-12 in public, private or home-school settings.
- Each entry must be an original, not be written by a parent or professional, has not previously won a prize, and does not infringe upon the copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- Awards will be presented at the Reflections Celebration in the Spring.